A file system watcher.
It monitors changes to contents of directories and sends notifications when files have been added, removed, or modified.
- Fix a bug on Mac where modifying a directory with a path exactly matching a prefix of a modified file would suppress change events for that file.
- Prepare for breaking change in SDK where modified times for not found files becomes meaningless instead of null.
- Catch & forward
FileSystemExceptionfrom unexpectedly closed file watchers on windows; the watcher will also be automatically restarted when this occurs.
- Internal cleanup.
- Fix an analysis hint.
- Set max SDK version to
<3.0.0, and adjust other dependencies.
- Internal changes only.
- Fix Dart 2.0 type issues on Mac and Windows.
Updates to support Dart 2.0 core library changes (wave 2.2). See issue 31847 for details.
- Internal changes only, namely removing dep on scheduled test.
- Fix an analysis warning.
- Declare support for
- Fix a crashing bug on Linux.
- Narrow the constraint on
asyncto reflect the APIs this package is actually using.
- Fix all strong-mode warnings.
- Fix a bug in
FileWatcherwhere events could be added after watchers were closed.
Watcherinterface that encompasses watching both files and directories.
PollingFileWatcherclasses for watching changes to individual files.
- Fix bugs where events could be added after watchers were closed.
- Treat add events for known files as modifications instead of discarding them on Mac OS.
Improved support for Windows via
Fixed bugs in
Use this package as a library
1. Depend on it
Add this to your package's pubspec.yaml file:
dependencies: watcher: ^0.9.7+15
2. Install it
You can install packages from the command line:
$ pub get
$ flutter pub get
Alternatively, your editor might support
pub get or
flutter pub get.
Check the docs for your editor to learn more.
3. Import it
Now in your Dart code, you can use:
Describes how popular the package is relative to other packages. [more]
Code health derived from static analysis. [more]
Reflects how tidy and up-to-date the package is. [more]
Weighted score of the above. [more]
We analyzed this package on Jul 10, 2020, and provided a score, details, and suggestions below. Analysis was completed with status completed using:
- Dart: 2.8.4
- pana: 0.13.14
Package not compatible with runtime flutter-web on web
Package not compatible with runtime js
Maintain an example.
None of the files in the package's
example/ directory matches known example patterns.
Common filename patterns include
watcher.dart. Packages with multiple examples should provide
For more information see the pub package layout conventions.
|Dart SDK||>=2.2.0 <3.0.0|