location 4.0.0 location: ^4.0.0 copied to clipboard
A Flutter plugin to easily handle realtime location in iOS and Android. Provides settings for optimizing performance or battery.
[4.0.0] 04th March 2021 #
- Update to null safety and Melos
[3.2.4] 19th January 2021 #
- Fix crash on Android
[3.2.3] 19th January 2021 #
- Fix crash during close of the app
- Remove mandatory Android permission if not using the background location
[3.2.1] 23rd December 2020 #
- Fix crash during build
[3.2.0] 23rd December 2020 #
- Add the ability to launch location notifications when application is in background
- on iOS implemented with native background location support by adding required permissions and permission checks
- on Android by providing a custom service that wraps existing native location API calls in a foreground service
- Update Android SDK to Android 10/Q (API level 29)
- Updated sample application to include the background mode
- Various bug fixing
[3.1.0] 09 October 2020 #
- Do not throw errors from methods that do not need an activity.
- [BREAKING] The error thrown is now ActivityNotFoundException which changes the error code returned when activity is not found. It used to be NO_ACTIVITY, now it is just error. We anticipate this error to be rarely experienced in the wild.
[3.0.3] 25th August 2020 #
- Add capability to return reduced accuracy permission on iOS 14.0
[3.0.2] 23rd April 2020 #
- Fix crashes on v1 apps.
[3.0.1] 27th March 2020 #
- Fix a crash happening during iOS build
[3.0.0] 26th March 2020 #
- Add Web and macOS as new supported platforms (huge thanks to long1eu)
- [BREAKING] Enums are now following Dart guidelines.
- [BREAKING] onLocationChanged is now a getter to follow Dart guidelines.
[2.5.4] 11st March 2020 #
- Update documentation
- Fix: Airplane mode was preventing location from being requested
- Fix: Not crashing when activity is not set on Android
[2.5.3] 26th February 2020 #
- Improve code coverage
- Update documentation
[2.5.2] 25th February 2020 #
- Fix crash on pre-1.12 projects
- Align PermissionStatus on iOS with Android
[2.5.1] 23rd February 2020 #
- Fix SDK version
[2.5.0] 23rd February 2020 #
- [BREAKING] The
hasPermissionare now returning PermissionStatus enum.
- Upgrade to Android Embedding V2 (follow https://github.com/flutter/flutter/wiki/Upgrading-pre-1.12-Android-projects if the plugin isn't working after upgrade)
- Resolve getLocation when service is disabled thanks to nicowernli
- Update example app
- Fix bugs leading to non returning code
getLocationnow throws properly
pub.flutter-io.cnnow states that the plugin is not compatible with Flutter Web (yet)
[2.4.0] 14th February 2020 #
- Align timestamp in Android and iOS, previously the iOS timestamp was in seconds instead of milliseconds. Thanks to 781flyingdutchman.
[2.3.7] 08th January 2020 #
- Fix bug where requestPermission is called after the user has already denied the system location dialog, then this method call would never return.
[2.3.6] 07th January 2020 #
- Fix ClassCastException errors on some Android phones when requesting Location status.
[2.3.5] 10th April 2019 #
- Fix incompatibily with headless plugins thanks to ehhc
- Fix error with iOS when permission already given
- Add Google maps example
[2.3.4] 8th April 2019 #
- Fix error on Android 21 API thanks to noordawod
- Update Google API version
[2.3.3] 31th March 2019 #
- Align altitude on Sea Level when available on Android (matching iOS altitude).
[2.3.2] 27th March 2019 #
- Remove GPS limitation on Android
[2.3.1] 25th March 2019 #
- Fixes README
- Fixes requestPermission not responding the correct result on iOS
[2.3.0] 22nd March 2019 #
- Update example App with proper cancel
- Add possibility to set accuracy, interval and minimum notification ditance of the requests.
- Add LocationAccuracy object
[2.2.0] 19th March 2019 #
- Actually updating locatino when using getLocation (not only relying on LastLocation)
- Add timestamp to LocationData
- Add serviceEnabled method to check whether Location Service is enabled.
- Add requestService method to ask the user to activate the location service.
- Fix continuous callback heading
[2.1.0] 16th Match 2019 #
- iOS permission should be closer to Android permission behaviour thanks to PerrchicK
- Adding requestPermission(), to manually request permission
- Several feature fixed for less crash when using the plugin
- Code Cleanup
- Update Readme and add a warning for the location bug in iOS simulator
[2.0.0] 25th January 2019 #
- Code cleanup
- BREAKING CHANGE: Change Dart API to return structured data rather than a map.
[1.4.0] 21st August 2018 #
- Add lazy permission request thanks to yathit
- Add hasPermission() thanks to vagrantrobbie
- Bug correction thanks to jalpedersen
- Add more examples
[1.3.4] 4th June 2018 #
- Fix crash for Android API pre 27 thanks to matthewtsmith.
[1.3.3] 30th May 2018 #
- Correct implementation of iOS plugin to match Android behaviour. No need to call getLocation to get permissions for location callbacks.
[1.3.2] 30th May 2018 #
- Change implementation to api in build.gradle in order to solve incompatibilities between GMS versions thanks to luccascorrea
[1.3.1] 29th May 2018 #
- Added speed and speed_accuracy (only Android truly discover speed accuracy, so its always 0 for now on iOS)
- Solved a crash
[1.3.0] 27th May 2018 #
- Make it compatible with Firebase thanks to quangIO
- Resolve runtime error exception thanks to jharrison902
- Update gitignore thanks to bcko
[1.2.0] 5th April 2018 #
- Permissions denied on Android handled thanks to g123k
- Dart 2 update thanks to efortuna
[1.1.6] - 19th Octobre 2017. #
- iOS code from Swift to Objective-C thanks to fluff
[1.1.1] - 20th July 2017. #
- Fixes for iOS result's format.
[1.1.0] - 17th July 2017. #
- Added permission check for Android 6+ (thanks netdur). Still no callback when permissions granted so aiming SDK 21 is safer.
[1.0.0] - 7th July 2017. #
- Initial Release.