just_audio_libwinmedia 0.0.4+1 just_audio_libwinmedia: ^0.0.4+1 copied to clipboard
Libwinmedia implementation of just_audio. This implementation is endorsed and therefore doesn't require a direct dependency.
The libwinmedia implementation of
⚠️ Deprecated #
The project is now archived. The library that is used by this plugin to implement the audio playback features (libwinmedia) is now deprecated, which makes impossible to continue to maintain this plugin.
- Inefficient Linux support: using WebKit limits the possibilities of audio management
- Unnecessary abstraction: it's better to make separated implementations
- Unsafe: crashes due to JS interop
- No backward compatibility: only Windows 10+ is supported
- No embedded Linux support: it cannot be used on non-GTK Flutter embedders like flutter-pi
So, what to use? #
For Windows, you can use just_audio_windows, which is a just_audio implementation using native code for windows.
For Linux, you can use just_audio_mpv, which uses
Add the just_audio_libwinmedia dependency to your
pubspec.yaml alongside with
dependencies: just_audio: any # substitute version number just_audio_libwinmedia: any # substitute version number
Install the required packages before building your app.
sudo apt-get install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-dev
|read from URL||✅||✅|
|read from file||✅||✅|
|read from asset||✅||✅|
|read from byte stream|
|report player errors||✅||✅|
|handle phonecall interruptions|